Wednesday, December 02, 2009

So Half the Flesh on My Left Hand Just Peeled Off...

No. Really. I mean, only the outer layer but still...

So anyway, therein lies a tale.

My recent plans to catch up on some writing were totally thwarted by this mysterious rash/burn thing on my left hand. It was on two of my three fingers (ring and pinkie) and about half my palm. The skin turned red, raised, burned and itched. Then it stiffened and cracked. Then, after days of applying cortizone and other such medicinals it looked better. The skin was thick and looked like a burn after a few weeks of healing, but it was generally better in terms of pain and all.

So last night I went to the gym. Short workout to get back into the swing of things. Then I sat in the steamroom for awhile, figuring the extra moisture might help the very dry flesh on my hand. Seriously, half my left hand looked like it was that of a 70 year old and lotion and the like wasn't doing a ton. So hey, I figured a bit of steam might not hurt.

And it didn't really. It actually made it look healthier and less cracked and wrinkly. Then the back of my hand, which had also been red and irritated earlier, began to peel a bit. Then I noticed the skin around my pinky was loose. So, in what could have been a terrible idea, I picked at it a bit. Suddenly a strip of skin a inch or so wide peeled off my finger and down my palm. Beneath it? Perfectly healthy, smooth skin with no sign of the previous burn or whatever. Some peeling later and my hand it mostly normal again minus a rough patch or two that are still there.

So yeah, what the hell?

But hey, I guess I can get back to writing. Now that I'm done...molting.

And let me just say if this is my mutant power? I'm kinda disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home