Sunday, June 08, 2008

Unpleasant Dreams...

This actually isn't about dreams but more about...well, unsettling occurrences. I have been doing, or so I surmised, fairly well recently despite everything. Not happy, but I'm dealing. Then just now for no discernible reason I was reading over these recent posts about personal stuff and I just got really upset. Upset, sad, and emotional. More so than I have felt in weeks.

And that just drives me crazy not because of the emotion, which is understandable, but by the total suddenness and intensity of it. I mean, how do you deal when you can sum up your mental state as:

"fine, fine, fine, a bit down but okay, fine, fine, almost ready to break down and cry for no discernible reason...wait, back up, what?"

I guess as with so much lately I take comfort or at least feel a bit of kinship in the words of others. In this case Kriss Kristofferson:

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home