Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Too Stupid to Live

I thought about calling this part I because I have a feeling I will never run out of stuff like this.

So I was poking around online and came across a number of news stories about the plot of the new video game Assassin's Creed. Apparently, Veronica Mars' Kristen Bell, who is doing a voice for the game (and who I think should play Supergirl if they do another film) spilled something a lot of folks already suspected about the game from earlier trailers and the like- that the game involves virtual reality or some other technology despite seemingly set during one of the Crusades.

That's not what made me roll my eyes so far back I could see my brain. Clearly, Ms. Bell had been allowed to leak that info...which was already heavily hinted at by the game's earlier trailers and the like. I wasn't even terribly annoyed at the commentary about "OMG, this dumb blonde spoiled the surprise." Though given it wasn't much of a suprise...I did find that a little silly.

No it was comments like the one's to follow. I actually am going to link to it so people can see what a world class fucktard some people can be over a fucking video game spoiler...that's not even a spoiler.

So yeah go here.

And here.

And here...just for a few examples of why some motherfuckers can't get laid by anyone with actual self-respect.

For those that didn't click on these links, let's just say that for spilling a non-secret, some folks think its cool to call people names like retard, bimbo, and wish rape upon them.

In particular, at least in these examples, it was three guys with the names djann19, Kurgan10 (because 9 other Highlander fans got there first), and ExplicitBrain.

Now my own dislike for spewing bile under an internet alias notwithstanding...these guys are still maggots. Sexism, mysogyny, and the like are not cool. They aren't even "kewl" and they are barely "xtreme." And even then they are like Rob Liefield Youngblood "Xtreme"...derivative, boring, and not something that would function in the real world.

Now I realize that every time I say something like this some idiot accuses me of "trying to tell people how to live their lives." That last bit is in quotes because I was told that by some idiot on a message board once when I had the audacity to suggest that maybe it wasn't cool to be bragging about cussing out a retail clerk at your local game store just because he had a gall to do his crappy job and ask you if you wanted to pre-order a hot new game like his corporate masters likely forced him to with most if not all customers.

But then that's probably my problem since I can't see how yelling at a 19 year old kid just trying to make a bit of scratch in this nation of a rapidly vanishing middle class and no living wage is fucking awesome. As is apparently calling some person you haven't met a retard or bimbo because they told you something you were too uninformed to know.

For God's sake, people, what the hell is wrong with some of these morons? Do people actually think that being that fucking rude is a right?

Well actually, if they do that's fine...because it is. Problem is, these folks never seem to get the rest of that idea...kinda like all those folks who misquote "My Country, Right or Wrong..."

And what is the rest of that idea? Glad you asked. It's simple: You can express just about any asshole notion that pops into your brain. However, you have no immunity to any fallout from that save government censorship. So if you call someone's girlfriend a dumb slut and he or she mocks you for being a semi-literate immature dipshit...that's just really too fucking bad.

So much of the internet seems to ignore this. People think they can say anything and then cry "It's my opinion, I have a right to it! Oppression!" and make people stop bugging them.

Wrong. People have a right to say what they want and suffer any social or at times physical consequences thereof. And if you can't take the criticism or don't want to defend rape fantasies and sexist insult...don't make them. Crying to Mommy that the big bad people are not letting you be a cockmonkey doesn't cut it in anything resembling the real world.

Anyway, just wanted to comment in a mix or outrage and bemusement. Now if you excuse me I need to go kill a couple of hundred zombies in Dead Rising.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

As a wise alien once said, "Understanding is a three-edged sword."

People on the internet forget that anonymity doesn't mean having carte blanche to be a jerk. By it's very nature, the technology opens you to one world, but blinds you in other ways. And the third part is that very few people notice it, and that's sad.

Not as sad as those jerkwads saying those things about Kristen Bell, who happens to be one of the nicest and most talented actresses around. She is exactly the kind of person the gaming industry needs, even if it's just to provide a voice to a character.

But no. Accountability and responsibilty for younger gamers seem to be very foreign concepts.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Doc Hall said...

You'll want to hear this.

The final season of Life on Mars started yesterday.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Cool. I mean...suck, since it's the final season, but still cool.

Did it run 2 or three seasons overall?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Doc Hall said...

Life on Mars was always going to be a two season series according to the writers. They didn't want it getting stale, or being dragged out for to long.

I finished watching the last episode abut half an hour ago. It was a really good episode, but I have mixed feelings about the ending.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home